So yesterday in English we talked about what you would be remembered for, or who you would want to remember you when you die. This is a very ambiguous question, yet everyone assumes the meaning of the question? Pretty much everyone would be famous, have their picture on a wall, be remembered for their causes on the world, but i couldn't grasp a true answer. I suppose that is because i wasn't really focusing on right now, but on the future. What would future me want to be remembered by? Now i would like to see people answer this. It would be much more difficult. We have no idea what our future selves are going to be like, and that's scary. We have no idea what is going to have an affect on us, we have no idea what is going to happen for us, we have NO IDEA if we're even going to have a future self. We can have faith that we do, but we don't really know.
What if our dreams don't come true? What if we don't have a tomorrow? What if? What if? The future is unknown, and for that same reason, i believe that the future is scary, and any question that deals with the future cannot be answered. We can presume what would be our answer, yet we don't know. It's not possible, at all.
Death is something that is unknown as well. Which is why, again, it is scary. But some of us decide to take the matter of death into our own hands. We can decide when we'll die, by what we die from, etc. Yet our society looks down on these people. To me suicide isn't technically a cop out. It might be literally their only escape. Life is being brutal as always, and you cannot just go on. I understand, i mean i have contemplated it before. I know. What you have to realize though, is that people that contemplate suicide aren't those who appear sad. You don't have to worry about them. Worry about the happy people. Most people who are happy have a tendency to be dying souls on the inside, they just don't want anyone to know it out of the fear of being pitied.
Suicide, as stated above, is taboo in our society. I am just too stubborn to be suicidal now. Life gives you troubles, you just have to find a solution and don't let it get you down. Or else you will fall and be smothered.
Either way, "Dont give up, you are loved" -Josh Groban
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I agree with your stance to an extent. I just take mine a bit further.
Several of my friends attempted suicide. A boy at our school committed suicide about a month ago. It almost seems to be a theme of my life. I've never considered offin' myself, though. In my opinion, that'd be unfair to those that cared for me, like my really close friends and my family.
I say that suicide is never the only way out. It's a guaranteed way, that's for sure, but it's never the only one. There's always another answer. I believe that suicide is giving up, it's defeatism taken to the extreme. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dark or twisty the tunnel proves to be. If ya can't see the light, then it's probably time to take your eyes off your feet and look further down the road.
You bring up some really good points, though. Nice work!
I completely agree. I just empathize with those who possess suicidal tendencies because i have been there. I know what it feels like. I just get angry when people automatically put people down for even thinking about it.
But i am the same as you. it is completely selfish, and there is another way. I would give this as advice, but i can sympathize with those that do.
I love the Josh Groban at the end. <3
That song always gets me through.
And I try not to think about the future. I want to focus on the here and now.
But I don't think suicide is ever the answer. I mean, yes. It ends your suffering but it only brings pain and suffering to those who love you.
I agree with that Warren guy up there. :3
"There's always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dark or twisty the tunnel proves to be. If ya can't see the light, then it's probably time to take your eyes off your feet and look further down the road."
But I don't frown upon those who consider suicide. I just wish they wouldn't consider it but I know there's sometimes no avoiding it.
But this was another great blog. <3 It really got me thinking.
Post a Comment